Thursday, October 21, 2021

18: Bag of office supplies and work books returning to the office

Well the big day is finally here: I'm back in the office for the first time since the Covid lockdowns started.

Strictly speaking, I'm actually in a different office as they've been moving people around. 

The old office was in a lovely modern building with lots of white walls, views over a golf course and surprisingly loud sounds of wind through the ceiling whenever there was the slightest bit of weather.

The new office is in a much older building with light beige walls and display cases of rocks and fossils out in the corridor.

There's a window with some very nice trees behind me 

I haven't found the kitchen yet and the women's toilets are being refurbished, which is a bit tricky.

Other than that, I'm just putting these things in my new desk drawers, setting up the computer equipment etc.

I brought in some Halloween treats for my IT team mate who rescued my computer equipment from the old office, where the locks have changed.

I had a look around outside, saw which shops were still open, went for lunch in what had been my favourite cafe at work. Nice to be back there again, although I'd forgotten how much the food wasn't as good as the amazing hipster decor!


There are a few small teething issues still - I had to get a different door key, and I'll need a web cam and a key for my desk drawers.

Mostly though, after a year and a half of working in our busy and crowded family home, it's the quiet that will take the most getting used to: the silence in the office is deafening!

No comments:

Post a Comment