Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Day 6: Special burger bag


I had the rare treat of a lunchtime with just my 18 year old son today.

He's still at home, waiting to start an acting course at college, while the younger two kids are back at school and my husband had his first couple of days back in the office since our first Covid lockdown in March 2020.

I wanted to make it a special occasion with him. When he was in a show a few years ago I used to take him out for burgers (his favourite food) in between shows and rehearsals, to celebrate the opening and closing nights, and other special occasions - so many happy memories.

So I took him out to get fancy burgers from a place on the High Street. They were incredible. One of them was called Toploader and one was called Carnage, and here's the fabulously grease stained paper bag that we took them home in - good thick paper with strong handles for carrying the most substantial burgers, and not at all a metaphor for parenthood 🙄😁.

I'm so lucky that my son's college place means I'll have him around for a couple more years.

But the paper bag is off to the recycling 🙂🌻


No comments:

Post a Comment