Thursday, September 2, 2021

Day 7: School bag from 2 years ago

This school bag belonging to my youngest son has been on the floor, half in our kitchen doorway since the beginning of the first Covid lockdown in March 2020.

I decided it was finally time to say goodbye to that last half of a normal school year before the pandemic started.

First the bag itself went in with the shopping bags. Next, a plastic filing pocket went into the office supplies. Finally, we looked through the couple of notebooks - a handwriting practice book and a reading log, and decided they could be recycled.

I've always been aware of how much I can't keep up with in my children's lives; how fleeting the moments of their childhoods are, and how much I'm not involved with at school. I just hope, and try, to catch enough of them.

But it's the little details that make me realise how much I've taken normality for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment