Monday, September 6, 2021

Day 11: More Covid tests

So apparently I started blogging again just in time to get Covid. Yay. 

Youngest son and I have tested positive now, along with possibly my oldest son. I thought it was inevitable once my husband got it - we don't have a big house, all share a bathroom, and the three of us sleep in the same room too.

I've been taking him up food, water and medicine, and of course even with a mask on that's a risk, but what else could I do, nail him into the shed? We tried not to let it spread - wiped door handles, taps and surfaces with disinfectant wipes, did separate laundry, stayed out of the room, etc etc. I'm guessing the damage was done before his symptoms appeared anyway. 

It's not too bad so far (touch wood), but I'm also not complacent: someone from my primary school died of Covid a few weeks ago. 

So we're waiting for the PCR tests but the lateral flow tests were already positive.

Also waiting to see if the teenage lifestyle of staying in their bedroom will have saved my older two boys from catching it.

The three oldest of us are double vaxxed now, but the youngest two aren't at all.

At least I had a chance to stock up for it a bit: since I tested negative on Wednesday, I went to the shop as many times as I could to make sure we had enough food and medicine.

My husband seems to be getting better, so it's over to the one teenager that's definitely tested negative to sort anything else out for a while.

Meanwhile, I've got cash out for him, cooked a couple of big enough hot dinners to leave two more meals' worth of leftovers, and I've filled up this lovely 'Covid selection bowl' - who could resist!





No comments:

Post a Comment