Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Day Something: Couldn't do the fingerprick antibody test

Well I tried. When I got my positive test result, the text message asked if I was willing to do this, and of course I said yes, because I wanted to help out with Covid research. 

But I should have watched the instruction video first - it's a lot harder than 'fingerprick test' makes it sound! 

You're meant to do jumping jacks, clench your fists, swing your arms around, soak your hand in warm water for two minutes and do the whole thing standing up. Obviously it's not impossible, but it's a bigger ask when you've got covid.

You're meant to almost fill up the tube with blood, but in spite of following all the instructions, I could hardly get any. I tried massaging it down my hand like they said, and could have tried again with a different finger, but then I started to feel faint and gave up. Sorry folks - I did try.


Weirdly, I had to pack it up as if it was done and being posted, and then throw it away in normal household rubbish. I suppose the packaging is a warning to anyone who goes through the household waste later. Still, seems a bit strange, like is it dangerous waste or isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment