Sunday, August 22, 2021

Day 2: Chives

Out of date chives  This post is exciting (to me) for two reasons:
  1. It's my first go at posting by email, and I think it's not a bad option: pictures are a bit small and the formatting needs a bit of tidying up, but otherwise not bad at all and would be fine for a simple post.

  2. I'm sure most people my age have had the experience of finding long-past-their-sell-by-date foods in an older relative's cupboards... Well, here's the evidence that I've reached that point myself: chives that went out of date over a year ago and smell more like hay, if anything.

Actually, rethinking that, not sure that second reason is exciting after all.

If I had compost, I could put them in that, but I don't. But to be at least slightly greener, I'll tip them out, throw the plastic lid away and put the glass jar in the recycling.

So it's goodbye, out of date chives, and if I make potato salad again I'll probably use spring onions instead.

Here's the jar, ready to go out to the recycling on the High Street:


And here it is, actually going into that recycling:


Important to note now:
  1. I don't plan to document this in so much detail every time, and
  2. I'll be really creeped out if that's back on my shelf in the morning...


No comments:

Post a Comment